For full details of our most recent examination results, please see the Our Performance section of the website.
Please click a section below to expand:
Please ensure you bring all listed equipment to EVERY exam in a clear plastic pencil case or plastic bag.
- 12" ruler
- 3 x HB pencils
- Pencil sharpener
- 3 x black pens (must only be black)
- Highlighter pen
- Coloured pencils (required for certain exams e.g. GCSE Textiles)
- An exam board approved calculator (i.e. one which does not have a databank, dictionary, text facility or contain mathematical formulae)
You must not bring in gel pens, tippex or other correcting materials.
- You are to arrive at school 15 minutes prior to an exam.
- When taking exams, bags and coats should be left outside the room. Valuables, including mobile phones, smart watches, iPods, keys should be placed in the box at the end of your row.
- Electronic devices - Students must not have mobile phones or smart watches in their possession (either on or off). They must be placed in the box at the end of each row for safe keeping during the exam if necessary. This is very important - if a phone or smart watch is found it could result in your exam disqualification.
- You must not have notes, MP3 players, iPods, etc in your possession.
- You must bring a black pen, pencil, rubber and any other stationery which is required for your exam. Only clear pencil cases are allowed on your desk. Do not use gel pens - this is because many of the exam papers are now scanned and sent electronically for marking - gel pens do not scan well.
- In an exam where you have the use of a calculator, you are not permitted to have the lid with you either on or under your desk and any data stored in the calculator must be deleted prior to entering the exam hall.
- There is to be no talking or communication between students once you enter the exam hall. If you have any questions, you should raise your hand once seated and an invigilator will come to you.
- Please dress sensibly for the exam. The temperature in the exam room can fluctuate enormously during the May/June time.
- No food is allowed in the exam hall (if you have a special requirement - please see Cath Elvey, Exams Officer, before the exams).
- Water bottles are allowed in the exam hall. These should be clear bottles with a spill-proof cap. There should be no label on the bottle.
|Exam Timetable Summer 2018||Download|
|18/04/18||Year 13 - Ethics RS Mock Exams & Year 12 - Christianity & Ethics Mock Exam in the Hall (14:30 - 16:30)|
|19/04/18||Year 11 - English Mock Exam in the Hall P2 & P3|
|20/04/18||GCSE - Art Exam|
|23/04/18||GCSE Art Exam|
|26/04/18||A-Level Art Exam|
|26/04/18||Exam - Junior Maths Challenge (Years 7 & 8)|
|30/04/18||A-Level Art Exam|
|30/04/18 - 04/05/18||BTEC - Exams|
|14/05/18 - 18/05/18||Exams - Summer Exams - A Level (14/05/2017 - 26/06/2017) & GCSE (14/05/2017 - 22/06/2017)|
|21/05/18 - 25/05/18||Exams - Summer Exams - A Level (14/05/2017 - 26/06/2017) & GCSE (14/05/2017 - 22/06/2017)|
|04/06/18 - 01/06/18||Exams - Summer Exams - A Level (14/05/2017 - 26/06/2017) & GCSE (14/05/2017 - 22/06/2017)|
|04/06/18 - 08/06/18||Exams - Summer Exams - A Level (14/05/2017 - 26/06/2017) & GCSE (14/05/2017 - 22/06/2017)|
|18/06/18 - 22/06/18||Exams - Summer Exams - A Level (14/05/2017 - 26/06/2017) & GCSE (14/05/2017 - 22/06/2017)|
|18/06/18 - 22/06/18||Year 10 Exams - during lessons|
|25/06/18 - 26/06/18||Exams - Summer Exams - A Level (14/05/2017 - 26/06/2017) & GCSE (14/05/2017 - 22/06/2017)|
|25/06/18 - 29/06/17||Year 12 - Mock Exam Week (TBC)|
|25/06/18 - 29/06/18||Year 12 Summer Mock Exams|
|28/10/18 - 02/11/18||GCSE Re Sits|
|03/12/18 - 07/12/18||GCSE Mock Exams|
|10/12/18 - 14/12/18||GCSE Mock Exams|
|07/01/19 - 11/01/19||A-Level Mocks Exams|
|14/01/19 - 18/01/19||A-Level Mocks Exams|
|13/05/19 - 17/05/19||Summer GCSE / A-Level|
|20/05/19 - 24/05/19||Summer GCSE / A-Level|
|27/05/19 - 31/05/19||Summer GCSE / A-Level|
|03/06/19 - 07/06/19||Summer GCSE / A-Level|
|10/06/19 - 14/06/19||Summer GCSE / A-Level|
|17/06/19 - 21/06/19||Summer GCSE / A-Level|
|24/06/19 - 28/06/19||Summer GCSE / A-Level|
|01/07/19 - 05/07/19||A-Level Mock|
|15/08/19||A-Level Results day|
|22/08/19||GCSE Results day|
|02/12/19 - 06/12/19||GCSE Mock Exams|
|09/12/19 - 13/12/19||GCSE Mock Exams|
|06/01/20 - 10/01/20||A-Level Mock Exams|
|13/01/20 - 17/01/20||A-Level Mock Exams|
Details will be posted here when available
GCE (A Level) Results - Thursday 16 August 2018
Year 13 students will be able to collect their results from the ground floor of the i-Research building any time between 7:00am and 3:00pm.
Year 12 students will be able to collect their results from the ground floor of the i-Research building any time between 10:00am and 3:00pm.
GCSE Results - Thursday 23 August 2018
Year 11 students will be able to collect their results from the ground floor of the i-Research building any time between 10:00am and 3:00pm.
Year 9 & 10 students will be able to collect their results from the ground floor of the i-Research building any time between 11:00am and 3:00pm.
Students absent on results day
Any student who will not be able to collect their results and wishes them to be emailed or posted to them should email me, firstname.lastname@example.org, before we break up for the summer holidays, clearly detailing their email or postal address. Alternatively, a named family member or friend may collect on behalf of the student provided the student has emailed or written to me to confirm this first, (please note that the person collecting results, unless a student at CHS, will need to bring photo ID with them, e.g. driving licence or passport).
Please note that we can not guarantee what time of day results will be emailed, as we have to prioritise distributing results to those students who are in school collecting results first.
Unfortunately, sometimes, students do not get the grades they had hoped for and may wish to use one of the post-results services available, particularly when a University or College place depends on the results. Post-results services include: remarks of units, copies of exam scripts and checking scripts for clerical errors. Further information regarding these services and how to access them will be available on results day.
Staff will be available on both results days for students to talk through their options with and to offer support and guidance.
GCSE Resit Opportunities
Resit opportunities for GCSE English and Maths only are available to all students who require them. Please be advised that in the 2017/18 academic year these will take place during the October half-term week, Monday 30 October - Friday 3 November.
A small number of students may find exam certificates in their results envelope, this is for courses completed during the academic year such as IFS Personal Finance or ECDL.
Certificates for GCE/GCSE will be available in school during the Autumn term, and students will be able to collect these. It is important that students arrange for their certificates to be collected if they are unable to do so. Further information regarding certificate collection will be available on the school website under "news".
Students should note that it is their responsibility to check that they have received all of their certificates and that all the grades showing are correct. This is particularly important for students who have had units or subjects remarked. If a student has any queries regarding their certificates, they should come to the Exams Office immediately.
Send an email to Cath Elvey, Examinations Officer
|Exam Information for candidates – controlled assessments||Download|
|Exam Information for candidates – coursework||Download|
|Exam Information for candidates – non-examination assessments||Download|
|Exam Information for candidates – on screen tests||Download|
|Exam Information for candidates – privacy notice||Download|
|Exam Information for candidates – social media||Download|
|Exam Information for candidates – written examinations||Download|
|Exams - Internal Appeals Procedure||Download|
|Exams - The Equality Act 2010||Download|
|Exams - Using Calculators||Download|
|Exams - Warning to Candidates||Download|
|Exams - Word processors||Download|