The Centre was opened on 12th July 2012 by Nick Gibb MP, Minister of State for Schools. It features 400m² of learning space, computers, laptops, iPads and Kindles, in addition to its 8,000 books. Students can also use their smartphones for research in a high speed wireless environment. The centre, managed by Miss K Cowley has a large silent Sixth Form study area.
The Centre is open daily from 8.00am to 5.00pm Monday - Thursday, and from 8.00am to 4.00pm on Friday.
Mr Hollywood is on hand to offer assistance with homework at an after school club on Thursdays from 3.30pm - 4:45pm.
- Sixth Form students are encouraged to use the iResearch space and its facilities during their study periods
- During break and lunchtimes, the lower school has priority use of the iResearch Centre, and Sixth Form students are asked to use the Silent Study Room on the ground floor
- Year 7 and 8 students will have priority use from 12.15 - 12.45; and Years 9, 10 and 11 from 12.45 - 13.20
- Years 7-11 may loan up to 3 books; Years 12 and 13 and keen readers may loan up to 6 books. The loan period is 3 weeks.
- A biometric issue system is in operation
Miss K Cowley
01244 335843 (Extn. 3078)