The iResearch Centre was opened on 12th July 2012 by Nick Gibb MP, Minister of State for Schools. It is comprised of two adjoined work spaces. The first room is a computer suite with PCs, an iPad cabinet and study desks with power socket access for students to plug in their own devices. The second is a bespoke library of contemporary teen fiction, A Level texts, information books and reference materials, alongside comfy seating and study tables. Students may also use their smartphones as research aids in our high speed wireless environment. The iResearch Centre, managed by school librarian Miss K Cowley, operates as a Sixth Form quiet study area and a whole school resource, supporting curriculum learning, independent projects and reading for pleasure.
iRC User Guidelines
- The iResearch Centre is open daily from 8.30am to 5.00pm from Mondays to Thursdays and from 8.30am to 4.00pm on Fridays.
- Sixth Form students will have priority use the iResearch space and its facilities during their free periods for quiet study and reading.
- Sixth Form students will have exclusive access to the iResearch collection of Chromebooks that can be checked out for loan at the main desk.
- All lower school students may use the iResearch Centre during their break times to loan library books, use the PCs and print off homework.
- Only lower school Library Club members may use the iResearch Centre during lunch time for reading, quiet study and computer work.
- During both Break & Lunch periods, we will only be admitting as many students as will fit the capacity of the space and its seating areas.
- Students in all year groups may use the library for reading and homework after school until 5.00pm on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Year 7 & 8 Library Club members will have exclusive use of the iResearch Centre on Wednesday afternoons from 2pm-5.00pm.
- Should a Covid outbreak occur at Christleton School, a timetable will be sent out for students to use iResearch in separate year groups.
- Years 7-11 may loan up to three books; Years 12-13 and keen readers may loan up to six books. The loan period is three weeks.
Miss K Cowley
01244 335843 (Extn. 3078)
Christleton High School uses a library system called Reading Cloud which allows students to browse its collection of books and resources online. Reading Cloud can be accessed on school PCs through the Student Intranet menu or by Googling ‘Reading Cloud’ on any computer or mobile device. Students and staff should use their regular school usernames and passwords to login and set the School as ‘Christleton High’. Once logged in, students will be able to monitor their own accounts, design a personal profile, look over reading lists, write reviews, watch author videos, and reserve books to be delivered straight to their form rooms.
In the video tutorial, librarian and iResearch manager, Miss Cowley will instruct all ePlatform members how to login and browse the collection, how to borrow books in EPUB, PDF and audio format, and how to reserve and return their loans. Eplatform will also be used as part of upcoming English lessons. For more information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Reading Lists (by Genre) for ePlatform||Download|