For full details of our most recent examination results, please see the Our Performance section of the website.
Please click a section below to expand:
Please ensure you bring all listed equipment to EVERY exam in a clear plastic pencil case or plastic bag.
- 12" ruler
- 3 x HB pencils
- Pencil sharpener
- 3 x black pens (must only be black)
- Highlighter pen
- Coloured pencils (required for certain exams e.g. GCSE Textiles)
- An exam board approved calculator (i.e. one which does not have a databank, dictionary, text facility or contain mathematical formulae)
You must not bring in gel pens, tippex or other correcting materials.
- You are to arrive at school 15 minutes prior to an exam.
- When taking exams, bags and coats should be left outside the room. Valuables, including mobile phones, all watches, iPods, keys should be placed in the box at the end of your row.
- Electronic devices - Students must not have mobile phones or smart watches in their possession (either on or off). They must be placed in the box at the end of each row for safe keeping during the exam if necessary. This is very important - if a phone or smart watch is found it could result in your exam disqualification.
- You must not have notes, MP3 players, iPods, etc in your possession.
- You must bring a black pen, pencil, rubber and any other stationery which is required for your exam. Only clear pencil cases are allowed on your desk. Do not use gel pens - this is because many of the exam papers are now scanned and sent electronically for marking - gel pens do not scan well.
- In an exam where you have the use of a calculator, you are not permitted to have the lid with you either on or under your desk and any data stored in the calculator must be deleted prior to entering the exam hall.
- There is to be no talking or communication between students once you enter the exam hall. If you have any questions, you should raise your hand once seated and an invigilator will come to you.
- Please dress sensibly for the exam. The temperature in the exam room can fluctuate enormously during the May/June time.
- No food is allowed in the exam hall (if you have a special requirement - please see Charlotte Hallam, Exams Officer, before the exams).
- Water bottles are allowed in the exam hall. These should be clear bottles with a spill-proof cap. There should be no label on the bottle.
|Summer 2020 Exam Timetable||Download|
Details will be posted here when available
A-Level (Thursday 13th August 2020) & GCSE (Thursday 20th August 2020) Results Day Information
Please see the below information regarding GCSE & A-Level Results Day.
GCE (A level and AS level) results day is Thursday 13th August 2020
Timings to be confirmed
GCSE results day is Thursday 20th August 2020
Timings to be confirmed
On each day results will be distributed from a central point within the School which will be confirmed nearer the time.
If students are unable to collect their results in person, and want them to be emailed or collected by another person, they must notify the Exams Office in advance in writing. If students have not already done so please ask them to send an email to Miss Hallam (firstname.lastname@example.org) outlining their request.
Results cannot be emailed or given to a parent or other nominated person, without the written permission of the student themselves.
Results cannot be given out by telephone.
Please be aware that we cannot give any indication of when results will be emailed to students on results day other but we will endeavour to do so at our earliest opportunity.
If students elect to have their results collected by a parent, relative or friend, that person must bring photographic identification with them on the day.
This year’s national exam contingency day is Wednesday 24th June 2020. The contingency day has been put in place in case of national or local disruption resulting in the cancellation of exams. We have been advised that ALL STUDENTS who are taking exams this summer should be available up to and including Wednesday 24th June 2020. This is the very last date that a rearranged exam can be moved to.
External exams run from Monday 11th May - Wednesday 24th June 2020 and students must be available for all dates, regardless of their timetable. Students will receive individual timetables in April. Please be aware that there are some MFL speaking exams and BTEC exams before this period.
If you are thinking of booking a summer holiday, it’s important to ensure you book after 24th June. If an exam is rescheduled and your child is not available to sit on the rearranged date then they will be awarded zero marks for the rearranged paper(s).
If you have any questions about the Contingency Day please contact the exams office.
Exam Contingency day for 2020 is Wednesday 24th June 2020
Exam Contingency day for 2021 is Tuesday 29th June 2021
A small number of students may find exam certificates in their results envelope; this is for courses completed during the academic year such as IFS Personal Finance or ECDL.
Certificates for GCE/GCSE will be available in school during the Autumn term, and students will be able to collect these. It is important that students arrange for their certificates to be collected if they are unable to do so. Further information regarding certificate collection will be available on the school website under "news".
Students should note that it is their responsibility to check that they have received all of their certificates and that all the grades showing are correct. This is particularly important for those who have had units or subjects remarked. If a student has any queries regarding their certificates, they should come to the Exams Office immediately.
Send an email to Charlotte Hallam, Examinations Officer
|Exam Information for candidates – controlled assessments||Download|
|Exam Information for candidates – coursework||Download|
|Exam Information for candidates – non-examination assessments||Download|
|Exam Information for candidates – on screen tests||Download|
|Exam Information for candidates – Privacy Notice||Download|
|Exam Information for candidates – Suspected Malpractice||Download|
|Exam Information for candidates – written examinations||Download|
|Exam Information for candidates - social media||Download|
|Exams - Internal Appeals Procedure||Download|
|Exams - The Equality Act 2010||Download|
|Exams - Using Calculators||Download|
|Exams - Warning to Candidates||Download|
|Exams - Word processors||Download|
|Information about you and how we use it||Download|
|No Mobile Phones Poster||Download|